Reading Ambassadors are here to make reading fun!
The Reading Ambassadors are a newly formed group of pupils who work with our Headteacher to promote a love of reading in school. They are all eager readers themselves and want to share their enjoyment of reading across the school.
The children applied for the role of Reading Ambassador by writing a letter of application which shows just how dedicated they are to this role. They all had some great ideas for how we can encourage reading for pleasure in school.
The group meets regularly to work on a wide variety of reading activities which are then shared with the school. Some of their tasks are:
- To choose Book of the Month recommendations and produce a display for this in the school hall.
- Choose new reading materials for the library, the reading shed and the class reading corners.
- Help to plan activities for World Book day.
- Organise fundraising activities to buy more books.
- Help to organise the reading for pleasure book packs.
- Look after the library and the reading shed.
- Set whole school reading challenges
This page will be updated as more exciting work takes place.