Welcome to the Autumn Term in Year Nursery
Dear Parents and Carers
Please find below some information about Autumn Term 1 in our class that you may find useful. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. My email address is email@example.com
- This term, we are learning all about All About Me, Traditional Tales, Autumn and Harvest. Any extra reading that you do at home to support this will benefit your child. If your child takes part in any activities outside of school in relation to our topics, please send pictures to my email address or bring any drawings etc in to Nursery. We are always happy to see what the children have been up to and discuss during group time.
- I would love it if you would send some pictures of your child and their families/things they enjoy to my email address (above) so we can create an ‘All About Us’ story book.
- Below is a list of the core reading book’s that I will be reading during Nursery time.
- Please provide sun cream for your child the next few weeks as we are finally having a Summer.
- Please bring a water bottle to school.
- Tuck Shop Friday – 30p for a chocolate bar (this will be given during snack time along with milk and fruit.)
- School places are now open for September 2024. Please apply for the school you wish your child to go too. Please note, if you already have a child that goes to a school, you MUST still apply as your Nursery child will not be automatically put down for a school place.
- Tuesday’s – Mrs Cool’s delivers music with the Nursery children.
- Donations towards Nursery – I would really appreciate any donations. The donations help provide little extras in the classroom including hot chocolate, hot blackcurrant, snacks, baking ingredients, ‘Tasty Tuesday’s’ snacks, playdough ingredients and topic related extras.
- On a Tuesday Miss Fox will be joining us. We now call Tuesday ‘Tasty Tuesday’s’, here your child will try new foods each week. This week the children cut and prepared peppers and humous. The children thoroughly enjoyed this.
Miss Musgrave will be leaving us for a short while on Maternity leave on Friday 8th September. We wish her all the best and we can not wait for the baby to arrive.
|This term we are looking at environmental sounds.
We will enjoy exploring books, listening to stories and to start to answer questions.
Did you know, we have a Nursery Library in the porch, here you can borrow any book, once returned you can borrow another.
|This term we will be singing number Nursery rhymes up to 5, beginning to use numbers when playing and start to match objects which are the same and different.
|Knowledge and understanding of the world.
|Life cycle of a human
Talk about photographs about my family, who is older and younger than me in my family.
|This term we will be focussing on fine and gross motor skills, I will be starting the term with dough disco to help fine motor skills. Develop skills such as balancing and moving in a variety of ways.
Outdoor provision will help your child gain gross motor skills.
Fortnightly, we will have extra movement time with TASC football where your child will gain new skills such as turn taking, hand eye coordination, balancing and ball skills.
|Expressive art and Design
|This term we are looking at all about me. We will learn about our body parts and where they belong. This will help your child draw pictures of themselves, family members or people, putting the body parts in the correct place.
On Tuesday afternoons, Mrs Cools our music teacher delivers a music session to our Nursery children. Here, the children exploring the beat, join in with singing and move along to the music.
Further information about the curriculum content can be found on our school website.
Archived information Archived Early Years